Prospectus information and registration forms will be sent to parents upon initial enquiry.
Upon receiving a completed Registration of Interest form and payment of the relevant registration fee, a student’s application can be processed and a letter acknowledging receipt of registration will be sent.
The Primary School has intakes at the beginning of the year (Term 1) and mid-year (Term 3) for Reception, while other year levels may transfer at any time provided there is a place available.
Applications will be processed in order of receipt by year and program, with priority given to students:
- whose families have an existing commitment to the school especially those transferring from other programs run by the Centre;
- who are siblings of existing students or are children of former students;
- who are transferring from other Montessori Schools or Centres.
Where waiting lists exist, offers of place will be made during the year where vacancies occur.
EARLY LEARNING PROGRAM
- Places in this program are offered to children from the Preschool who are intending to complete their primary education at Southern Montessori School.
- Children are considered for this program from the age of four years and six months. Places in the Early Learning Program are strictly limited and will be offered only if available.
- The Early Learning Centre has one main intake in week 1 of Term 1. Where a vacancy exists a second intake may occur in Week 1 of Term 3.
- As these children approach their fifth birthday, their readiness for school entry will be considered and if they are to start Reception they will take part in a comprehensive orientation program.
Toddler and Preschool intakes will generally occur at the beginning of each school term with places being offered in order of waiting list registrations.