Thank you for your interest in working at Southern Montessori School.
Southern Montessori was founded in 1982 by a group of parents seeking a Montessori educational program for their preschool children. In 1987, through the sustained efforts of parents and staff, a primary school program was established and moved to its present location in August 1995.
Southern Montessori School has Baby Steps, Toddler, Preschool and Primary Programs catering for children from 12 months through to Year 6 and a Middle School campus for students in Years 7 – 9.
Our Baby Steps, Toddler and Preschool Programs cater to approximately 70 children. The Primary School (R-6) has approximately 170 students and the Middle School (Years 7 – 9) 34 students.
Positions currently advertised
Replacement Middle School / Secondary Educator
Southern Montessori School seeks a passionate and professional Replacement Middle School / Secondary Educator from the start of Term 4 2017. The person will need to be a life-long learner who values and invests in authentic relationships.
Year levels: Years 7-9 in 2017/2018.
Appointment: This position is initially offered as full time replacement for 12 months and is subject to a probationary period (Term 4).
Remuneration: As per the Southern Montessori Education Centre Inc. Enterprise Agreement 2015
- Nurture and embrace positive relationships with students, families and staff based on respect, empathy and understanding
- Possess a deep understanding of adolescent learners and their needs
- Be willing to participate in Montessori professional learning
- Have expertise in all, or a combination of, the following Learning Areas: English, History, Geography and The Arts
- Be a team member who plans and implements curriculum collaboratively
- Be open to learning from others and willing to actively contribute to team success in a team-teaching context
- Become familiar with, and adhere to, the WHS policies and procedures of the Centre
- Represent the Centre in a professional, positive and authentic manner at all times and in all contexts
- Be self-motivated, well organised, supportive of (co-curricular) community programs, creative, energetic and show initiative.
- Have a current Teacher’s Registration and First Aid qualification
Our Middle School is currently located at Karawatha Hall, 12 Baden Tce, O’Sullivan Beach.
Please email your application, addressing the above criteria by 4pm Monday 29th May to email@example.com.
Please include a CV, together with the contact details of three appropriate and current referees.