Welcome to another year at Southern Montessori. It has been a smooth start and we are looking forward to 2018 as the new Admin team.
The Permission for Local Walks form was sent home last week and should have now been returned. If you have not yet returned this form please do so immediately. Reception children would have filled this out in their Enrolment Pack so did not receive one.
SCHOOL CARD FORMS should be forwarded to those eligible for School Card last year by the end of this week. If you think you might be eligible, please lets us know. The first submission date is the 2nd March so please have these forms in by this date, although there are later dates in the year.
A reminder that if your child/children are leaving early or arrive late, you must come through the office and sign your children in or out with our new early departure/late log.
We look forward to seeing you all throughout the year
Danielle and Janine
Information and Workshops from the Community
- Free Family Cinema in the Park – Friday 16th of February. Activities from 6.30pm, movie starts 8.30pm. Karawatha Community Hall, 12 Baden Terrace O’Sullivan Beach. Ph: 8384 6894 for more information.
- Glad to Be Me – Learn to feel good about you through altered book therapy art 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th March and 4th & 11th of April. 12.30-2.30pm. Community Connections, 72 Collins Parade Hackham. For Bookings phone 8186 6944.
- Be Kind and Unwind, Personal Wellbeing – Wednesday March 14th, 9.30am-2.30pm. Woodcroft-Morphett Vale Neighbourhood Centre, 175 Bains Rd Morphett Vale. Lunch Provided. For enquiries and bookings phone Georgina on 8186 8900.
- Being With Big Feelings – 8 workshops focusing on supporting parents to better understand the emotional world of their children. Mondays 12.30-2.30pm beginning the 12th of February. Taikurrendi Children and Family Centre, 8 Price St Christies Beach. Phone 8186 1102 for more information.
- The Garden – 8 session program for infant/toddlers and their parents. Shared Positive experiences and sensory play, with music and movement to support the relationship between you and your child. Monday 1-2.30pm for 8 weeks starting February 5th. Roopena Building. Corner Roopena St and Galloway Rd O’Sullivan Beach. Phone Jo on 8382 2850 for more information.
- Circle of Security Program – A group for parents who would like to explore and further develop their relationship with their child. 9.30-11.30am Tuesdays for 8 weeks starting 6th February. O’Sullivan Beach Children’s Centre, 51A Galloway Rd O’Sullivan Beach. Please phone Lee or Jo for more information on 8382 2850.
- Free Saturday Play Space – For families with children aged birth to 8 years to enjoy. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. Water and sand play. Saturday the 17th of February 9.30-11.30am. O’Sullivan Beach Children’s Centre. For more information phone Jo on 8382 2850.
- Student Placement Australia – looking for families to host children from 15-16 years old who will be studying at local school for up to 12 weeks arriving in June. For more information please call Jenny on 8323 0973 or 0409 890 184.