Along with the warmer weather the UV rating will be starting to rise. Please make sure your child has a hat for outdoor play. Hats can still be purchased through the front office as well as at Lowe’s.
SCHOOL CARD APPLICATIONS – the next return date is by the 3rd November please.
Danielle will be out of the office for the whole of October as she will be travelling around our beautiful country with her family. She looks forward to getting back to her new role on her return.
Thank you to all the families that attended the working bee this term. Danielle had several comments on how lovely the grounds looked on the Monday after.
Wishing you all a very happy holiday before Term 4 which always flies by.
Danielle and Julie
Upcoming Courses and Parent Information from the Community
- Inspire Festival – A festival to celebrate the spirit and people of Onkaparinga. 13th – 16th of October. Inspire 2017 brings together a selective range of workshops, think tanks, seminars and other activities. For info visit onkaparingacity.com and to register for events visit www.bit.ly/inspire2017events
- Information Seminar Understanding myGov – Do you need help understanding your myGov account or how to create a myGov account? Woodcroft Library 16th Oct 1-3pm, call 8384 0050. Aldinga Library 13th Nov 10am-12pm, call 8384 0022. Noarlunga Library 1st Dec 2-4pm, call 8384 0655.
- Being With Big Feelings – 8 workshops focusing on supporting parents to better understand the emotional world of their children. Weekly from Tuesday the 24th of October to the 12th of December, 12.30-2.30pm. To book or find out more please contact Johanna or Lee on 8382 2850.
- Who’s in Charge? – An 8 session course on parenting strategies for coping with difficult situations and behaviours. Each Monday from 23rd of October to 11th December, 10am-12pm. For more information and to book please call Junction Australia on 8392 3000
- Southern Deadly Fun Run – Christies Beach Fun Run, Sunday the 29th of October. Registration 10am. Location Rotary Park (Cnr Beach Rd and The Esplanade). 3km walk/run and 5km run.
- Mindfulness Awareness Parenting – 8 week program around paying attention to what is going on in the present moment helping us to focus on ourselves an others with kindness and acceptance. Each Thursday from 19th October until the 7th of December. 9.30-11.30am. For more information and book call Deborah or Mel at AnglicareSA 8186 8900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grasshopper Soccer – non-competitive soccer program for children aged 2-12. Soccer runs all year round at Grasshopper Soccer! For more information visit grasshoppersoccer.com.au or contact Daniel on 0433 422 347or email@example.com
- Little Big Bang Discovery for Children – Woodcroft Library, ages 3-7. 10th October 10am-12pm or Aldinga Library 12th October 10-11am. For bookings please call Holly on 8392 3194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Construct and Control , Robotics and More – Woodcroft Library, ages 8+. 10th October 2-4pm or Aldinga Library 12th October 2-4pm. For bookings please call Holly on 8392 3194 or email email@example.com
- School Holiday Free Family Yoga – Frank Hilton Reserve, Maslin Beach. Wednesday 11th October ages 4-7 + adult 10.30-11.10am and 11.30am-12.10pm. Ages 8-12 + adult 1.30-2.10pm and 2.30-3.20pm For bookings please call Holly on 8392 3194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org