Student Leadership – Children’s Representative Council
Children’s Representative Council
The Montessori approach to education is renowned for nurturing leadership skills in students. As well as academic skills, a Montessori education supports the development of independence and responsibility, the ability to work collaboratively and to communicate effectively.
The Children’s Representative Council (CRC) is one way in which we promote student leadership in our school and provides students with the opportunity to have input into school decision making.
In February, we held our elections for class representatives. The Australian Electoral Commission provided us with information and resources to ensure that our election encouraged democratic decision making and resulted in a respected outcome. Our election followed the principles of openness, full participation, secret ballot and one vote, one value.
We would like to thank everyone who nominated to be a class representative. We were very impressed with the quality of the applications.
The class representatives from Cycle 3 were then asked to nominate for the positions of Chair, Deputy Chair, Secretary and Deputy Secretary. They prepared a short speech explaining why they should be elected to these positions and the Cycle 3 children voted for their leadership team.
We would like to congratulate our 2018 Children’s Council representatives.
In Semester 1:
- Maya and Silas from Rachel and Anne-Marie’ class
- Luka and Catie from Karen and Adele’s class
- Sophie L and Jack from Jo’s class
- Max and Elizabeth from Judy and Amelia’s class
- Lucy and Charli from Tricia and Kristy’s class
- Chloe P and Sophie from Corey’s class
- Lola and Liam from Alison’s class
- Chloe from Michelle and Lea’s class
In Semester 2:
- Gemma and Tristan from Rachel and Anne-Marie’ class
- Harry and Asher from Karen and Maria’s class
- Ty and Kaitlin from Jo’s class
- Lewis and Vianne from Judy and Amelia’s class
- Mia and Tyler from Tricia and Kristy’s class
- Carter from Corey’s class
- Jade from Alison’s class
- Maddie from Michelle and Lea’s class
Chair: Vicky Deputy Chair: Archie
Secretary: Denny Deputy Secretary: Anamika
Congratulations to all our new representatives. We look forward to working with you to make our school a better place.