Reception News! This fortnight we have been … Term 2, Weeks 1 and 2
- We have begun focussing on double sounds such as ‘ng’ and ‘sh’ with the Alphabet Family, as well as learning ‘y’ becoming a vowel and silent ‘e’ on the end of a word.
- We have been looking at the elements of a sentence such as recognising nouns and verbs within writing.
- We have been exploring teen numbers and using Montessori materials to understand the concept of place value within the teen numbers. For instance, it is important to recognise that a teen number is comprised of one group of ten and a certain number of ‘ones’.
- We are focusing this term on Geography. In particular, we are learning about the seven continents of the world, the five main oceans, and land and water forms. We are looking at maps and how to read them and mapping storybooks. This topic allows for plenty of exploration for the children, including finding out about flags, landmarks, animals, etc of certain continents.
- We are enjoying yoga and relaxation skills.
- We have been practising movements that cross the line of our body, as well as more games that incorporate balance, cooperation and coordination.
- Week 4 Thursday is our Cycle One Family Breakfast and we hope to see you all there.
- Please return any Italian Day lunch forms not yet returned.
Voice of the child……
I learned…how to count to 100 – Hendrix.
I enjoyed…looking at the different globes and maps of the world – Marli.