from Karen and Adele
Reception News! This fortnight we have been….. Term 1 Weeks 7 and 8.
• We have finished learning all of the single sounds with the Alphabet Family
• We are starting to learn how to read and spell high frequency words
• The children have enjoyed oral language tasks which have included giving a talk about how things have changed since their parents were younger
• We have been exploring time, including months of the year and days of the week, as well as o’clock time
• We have been learning how to skip count by two’s and to recognise the difference between an odd and an even number
• We have had a fantastic time looking at our photos and starting to construct our personal timelines with our big Buddies
• As part of recognising our identity and the relationships between the past and the present, we have talked about family trees and have found out the names of our family members, to make our own family tree
• Enjoying yoga and relaxation skills
• Practicing movements that cross the line of our body, as well as more games that incorporate listening, cooperating and coordination
After this week, we will begin to present this newsletter on our class blog on the Southern Montessori website rather than the paper format
Voice of the child:
I learned…about how to write stories –Tristan.
I enjoyed…doing Jolly Phonics – Piper