Update from the Preschool
We suddenly find ourselves half way through 2019 and we have been so busy in the Preschool. We saw many new friendships blossom last term and the children are confident and engaged learners.
In our Cultural Studies curriculum, we focussed on geography and in particular, mapping. Some of the activities we did included:
- Exploring globes and maps
- Story maps (using simple pictures to retell a story)
- Mapping our classroom and outside area
- Looking at google earth to look for islands, lakes, bays and capes
- Using aboriginal story telling symbols to describe stories and journeys
- Using directional language to direct our friends around the area
- Learning about the cardinal points of a compass
- Creating a map of our bodies
SA dental visited the preschool to give the children useful information on dental health and Onkaparinga Council provided us with a sustainability officer to talk to the children about recycling. We hope all of this learning has been useful at home too!
At the end of Term 2, we said goodbye to Charli, Mavis, Lucinda, Morgan and Andjelija in the Monday /Tuesday group and Zoe in the Wednesday / Thursday group as they move up to Reception. They will be very much missed but have all promised to come back for a visit to the Preschool soon.
We look forward to seeing everyone in in Term 3.
Kate, Steph, Shixin, Cheryl and Dani