Growing With Gratitude
On May 9th we had four visitors from the Adelaide Football Club who talked to us about Growing with Gratitude, a program that aims to help teachers, students and families easily develop the habits of gratitude, kindness and mindfulness that have been identified as the stepping stones to greater happiness and success.
Outcomes of the program include children:
- learning to be more resilient, relaxed, less envious, happy memories and experience more good feelings during their lives
- learning to experience better friendships, improved relationships, & more kindness.
- being more optimistic, less self-centred & materialistic, and increased self esteem
- having increased energy, improved sleep, more likely to exercise and less sick
- experiencing better academic achievement, improved decision making, increased productivity and better management skills
Our R-6 students were a highly engaged audience who loved the antics of Claude the Crow. After the presentation, the Reception and Year 1 children had a footy clinic!